There can be a book written on apple cider vinegar uses for skin, and we are going to talk about the same here. Well, I cannot write a book but surely help you guys out with the fantastic benefits of ACV in the day to day life, especially for brighter and healthier skin.
Here we are going to talk about the amazing benefits of apple cider vinegar for a better and acne free skin.
Why is Apple Cider Vinegar So Useful for Healthy Skin?
As the name says it all, Apple Cider Vinegar is prepared by crushing the liquid out of the apples. It is then fermented to turn into alcohol and then into vinegar. Apple induces the level of collagen in the body which not only improves the overall health of the skin but also work towards protecting it from UV rays to some extent.
10 Apple Cider Vinegar Uses for Skin
Of course, you can use ACV in multiple ways to improve the quality of skin, but we are going to talk about the 10 best ways. From reducing the dryness to healing skin pigmentation, Apple Cider Vinegar benefits are just limitless.
So, let’s talk it out!
1. Use ACV as a Toner
One of the most repetitive questions asked on the web is that how to use apple cider vinegar for skin? Most people know about the fantastic effects of ACV on the skin, but they do not know how to use it. So, let’s talk about the simplest way to use Apple Cider Vinegar which is as a toner.
How to Use –
- Take 1 tablespoon of ACV and add 1 cup of water to dilute it.
- You can also add a minimal amount of Aloe Vera Gel or can skip the step too.
- Now, mix everything and store it in a spray bottle.
- Spray a generous amount of mixture on your face to use it as a toner.
It is amongst the most straightforward apple cider vinegar uses for skin and very easy to prepare too. It is always advisable to use ACV in the diluted form when used for the entire day. So, do not forget the dilution process.
2. Prepare Apple Cider Vinegar Scrub
Another one in the list of Apple Cider Vinegar Uses for Skin is using it as a scrub. This is an excellent remedy to fight the issues of dead skin and unwanted blackheads and whiteheads on the skin. Apart from the face, you can use it on the entire body too.
How to Use –
- Take equal parts of ACV and honey.
- Now, mix it with green tea water prepared by boiling one teaspoon of green tea.
- Add five teaspoon of sugar in it.
- Do not use fine sugar as it cannot be used as a scrub and will turn the mixture into a paste.
- Mix just a bit of water to form the consistency.
- Apply the scrub on the patchy skin or affected areas through your fingers and rub gently.
- After a bit of massaging, wash it off with water.
The fantastic blend of apple cider vinegar and green tea works great for the skin because of the antioxidants in the latter. It will open up the pores resulting in more oxygen intake and healthier skin.
3. Leave Overnight
If you are amongst those too lazy people to use all sorts of elaborated apple cider vinegar uses for skin then this one is for you. A sudden pimple on your face can be really annoying, but with this super simple trick you can get rid of it quickly.
How to Use –
- Take 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and dilute it in 1 cup of water.
- Soak a cotton ball in the mixture and dab it gently only on the pimple.
- I recommend not to use it on the entire face.
- Leave the mixture overnight and then wash your face in the morning.
This is the simplest way to use ACV with literally no efforts required. You can either store this mixture in a bottle or merely prepare new every time you want to use it.
4. ACV in Bath for Sunburn
Did you know that one of the apple cider vinegar uses for skin is for sunburn too? Well, neither did me.
In the process of getting that perfect tan, you can actually get a really painful sunburn too. It can be super itchy and gives a painful burn on the skin. This is when you should move towards ACV to heal your skin from its effects.
How to Use –
- This time you would have to dilute the apple cider vinegar to quite some extent.
- You need to take half a cup of ACV and mix it with 4 cups of water.
- Now, soak cotton or any thin cloth in it and gently dab it on the sunburnt skin.
- You need to repeat the process several times a day, and you can see the results really fast.
Apart from using ACV for the sunburnt area, do not forget to properly moisturize it too. The excessive dryness on the burnt skin can increase the pain. So, beware!
5. Apple Cider Vinegar Steam
ACV for skin is no less than a miracle for many. There are abundant apple cider vinegar uses for skin which makes it one of the most loved home remedies too. If you want to intake the best of ACV in your body, then you must try out the steam process.
How to Use –
- Take 3 cups of water and mix four tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in it.
- Heat this mixture properly but do not bring it to a boil.
- You can add a little bit amount of tea tree or any other essential oil in it as well.
- Adjust your face just over the bowl and cover it with a thick towel and soak the steam.
Now, two great and powerful factors are working here. First one is the hot water steam which opens up your pores and secondly the ACV which enters your skin thoroughly and makes it healthier.
6. ACV for Cellulite
You must have known about the various types of apple cider vinegar uses for skin, hair, weight loss, pigmentation and more. But cellulite is a part of this bandwagon must be something new for you, isn’t it?
Well, I felt the same when I came to know that you can treat cellulite with ACV. Let’s get to know that how you can do that?
How to Use –
- Take 1 cup of coconut oil and 3 cups of apple cider vinegar.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly and then store in a bottle.
- Now, massage the area of the skin affected with this blend for at least 15 minutes on a regular basis.
- It would be best to do so just before sleeping for an overnight working.
You can try this remedy for a few weeks to see the visible results in your cellulite issues. It is hard to believe but apple cider vinegar uses for skin can be miraculous.
7. Drink It Up
All the other apple cider vinegar uses for skin given here are regarding its direct application. But what about those people who drink ACV on a regular basis? How much of difference it creates into your daily routine? Well, let’s get to know that how you can consume apple cider vinegar for better skin.
How to Use –
- Take 1 tablespoon of ACV and one tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Mix them into 1 cup of water and add a pinch of cinnamon powder in it.
- Top it with a little bit of cayenne pepper and a tablespoon of honey.
- Mix it all well and drink it up first thing in the morning.
You can moderate the amount of honey as per your requirement. Drinking apple cider vinegar on an empty stomach can turn out to be a miracle drink for you.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne
Most people confuse the term acne with pimples, but the reality is different. Acne is a broader term than pimples and covers a variety of skin issues in it. However, acne can be painful than pimples and the bacteria involved is also likely to leave the marks on your face as well.
In such situations, you must turn towards the Apple Cider Vinegar uses for skin and learn to use the ACV for acne too.
How to Use –
- Mix 2 tablespoons of ACV with 3 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Now take this paste and apply on the affected area.
- Leave this mixture for about half an hour and then wash your face with lukewarm water.
- If you feel your face to be a little dried out, then use moisturizer on it afterward.
It might not work for you instantly, but this remedy will turn out to be better than other ones for the painful acne.
9. Use It with Other Masks
Well, you have read a lot of types of remedies to treat your skin through apple cider vinegar. But there are a few ideas to incorporate ACV into other beauty regimes too.
Apple cider vinegar uses for skin are truly endless, and you can also use it by mixing into other masks for the face. There are plenty of home-made masks and pastes which works amazingly for face and skin. You can include a bit of amount of apple cider vinegar in it to improve their working on the skin.
10. Mix with Essential Oils
Another one and the last in this list of apple cider vinegar uses for skin is to mix it with the essential oils. This is another way to use apple cider vinegar for skin and make it even more amazing.
You need to make sure that you are diluting ACV well before using it with essential oils. There is an excellent variety of essential oils available in the market like jojoba, almond, lavender, tea tree, etc. You can mix and match them with diluted ACV to heal the skin from pigmentations and patches.
Apple Cider Vinegar uses for skin has become quite a rage amongst the young generation. But before you use this product on your skin, you must know that it has its own side-effects. So, you better consult a specialist in this field and then take the proper decision.
No matter how tempting the effects are, it is always good to be safe than sorry!